Decoding 433.92mhz remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish_Jason

Hi guys, loving the look of this forum and look forward to using it. If anybody can help me with a current project I am working on that would be great.

I have an "Owl wireless power strip" which can turn on outlets wirelessly using a 433.92mhz remote control.
I am trying to decode the signals that are sent from the remote so I can replicate the bitstream from an arduino and thus control the device via a webpage for example.

I tried using rtl_433 in linux to try and automatically decode it for me but nothing appeared when I pressed buttons on the remote. Is the remote perhaps on a different modulation type than my 433 recevier?
Hooking up a 433 receiver to a breadboard and checking the serial monitor for any output also never displayed any data.

I recorded the transmission of "button 4" using SDR# and audacity. Can anybody decode this waveform or at least shed some light on a possible route for me to take? I am finding it difficult to work out which modulation it is using and what the actual datastream is... ( new to radio stuff - and arduino! )

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• button 4.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 427
This is tricky as there may be one of several modulations used. It is likely a very simple type. I will guess that ASK (amplitude shift keying) is the first type to try. Then there is the coding used. Maybe this site will be helpful : **broken link removed**

Take the remote apart and look inside. You may be able to see one of the standard Encoder chips. I am using some from Ebay that are super cheap and use the SC2272-M4 decoder. The corresponding encoder is in the transmitters. You might be able to buy a receiver with decoder on EBay for <$3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…