Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decimal point link on this DPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hiya Guy's,
I just madeup a circuit to monitor my solar array for reading the volts and the reading I'm getting is 121.3 volts where it should be 12.13 volts. Now the dpm I bought came with very limited info but it did say to change the decimal point just put in a wire link.:confused: I can't see any reference to where to put the link so I've included a photo of the back of the dpm so hopefully someone can tell me where the link is. The link in the top left corner is for different voltage range inputs and has nothing to do with the DP as the spec sheet states.
DPM back picture.jpg

Top left, solder a bridge on the two middle contacts.
If it doesn't work, remove the solder from the first two contacts.

on1aag said:
Top left, solder a bridge on the two middle contacts.
If it doesn't work, remove the solder from the first two contacts.

Well I tried what you suggested and I found by bridging the middle link the decimal point moved to the correct position. I suppose where I was mislead reading the spec sheet those links are also used for setting the DPM up for other voltages. Anyway I used the oatley kit 212 which is a DPM interface kit which supplies the voltage to the DPM and a supply current of about 3-5 mA. Now I can monitor the voltages on my shed solar array's instead of using a multimeter everytime I wanted to check the voltage.

Thanks for the tip mate

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back