Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decade counter hook up

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning all ! cold here in jersey and snow expected! i see now why knowone likes the 555 timer, its not as accurate or dependable as i once thought. i wanna hook up a decade counter now, all i have is a 4017, i know it needs positive and negative, the clock input is from the 555 and the outputs are self explanatory, anything else i should or need to know? i heard once to ground all unused pins as well????

i heard once to ground all unused pins as well????
I wouldn't connect the unused outputs to ground. Unused CMOS (e.g. on the 4017) inputs on the other hand should be connected to VCC/VDD or GND, depending on their function.

Last edited:
pretty much. Make sure the reset and clock inhibit are held at gnd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back