Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decade counter ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmikejt12

Hi, i have made a simple astable 555 timer circuit connected to the clock input of a 4017 decade counter.

I am getting a pulse from the 555 timer (i have an LED connected direct to pin 3) but output 0 stays on on the counter (where i have 6 LED's)

the 4017 has power (+/-), a reset (pin 5 to pin 15 so it resets when it gets to output 6)

The problem is, only the 1st LED lights (output 0) it does not flash either, just stays on

Any ideas?
Mike

What resistor and capacitor values are you using for you astable 555 circuit?

EDIT: If you want better control over the output on pin3 for testing purposes with your test led, read over this and may i suggest for now using a 10k pot for R1, 1k for R2 and a 10uf capacitor for C1... **broken link removed**

Last edited:
madmikejt12 said:
the 4017 has power (+/-), a reset (pin 5 to pin 15 so it resets when it gets to output 6)

You need to pull down the clock enable(pin13) to 0V directly or via a resistor for the 4017 to count.

hi, thanks for your ideas, it was a lose connection somewhere
sorted it now

sorry,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back