Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Debugging PIC18F2550, need live update of variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I need to debug the program running on my PIC18F2550 - I have a number of variables that are constantly being updated and I need a way to watch and record these variables, preferably in real time on my computer screen (and have a set of the recorded values to analyse later). What is the best (and easiest) way to do this?

I need to debug the program running on my PIC18F2550 - I have a number of variables that are constantly being updated and I need a way to watch and record these variables, preferably in real time on my computer screen (and have a set of the recorded values to analyse later). What is the best (and easiest) way to do this?

hi,
If the update/refresh is not very fast an easy way would be to use the PIC's UART to PC, via a MAX232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back