Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dead portable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

john yeap

Please help, My portable T.v completely dead. No LCD light. A small noise can be heard when power is on.
Any help is appreciated.
John

Moved by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
john yeap said:
Please help, My portable T.v completely dead. No LCD light. A small noise can be heard when power is on.
Any help is appreciated.
John

Moved by moderator.

Make? Model number?

You're not giving us much information to go on, are you :confused:

if you hear a small noise when power is on it's certainly not "completely dead". Turn on the tv set and place the back of your forearm near the picture tube. Do the hairs stand on end (if you have any)? If so, at least the high voltage section is operating so something is working partially. However to be honest with you I recommend a qualified service shop since you shouldn't be poking around inside the set without good training and experience on servicing televisions. You'll risk electrical shock and maybe worsen the set in the process.

A portable TV? With a tiny 2" screen? Or with a 13" screen like are available for only $60.00 for a nice little colour TV.

The one that costs $60.00 will cost $200.00 to get fixed. It is disposable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back