Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Voltage Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh1ine

I recently had to modify my Xbox 360 becasue the fan power connector was no longer working. Originally the connector supplied between 5 and 7 volts depending on how hot the system got. Now it is running a consistent 12 volts and is drawing about 600mA from another source on the Motherboard.

I want to reduce the supply voltage to 7 or 8 volts because the fans run so fast I think it might take off. I am thinking about a few different options, one would be to use a resistor in series with the 12v power wire. I was also thinking about putting a diode in the circuit or even a transistor.

Any tips??

Way not use an LM7808?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back