Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Volt meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaky

I build a dc power supply adjustable 0 to 9 volt dc,I want to be able to read the voltage that I dial in with digital dual digit 7 segment display, and I dont know what IC chip to buy that have the folloing internal components:Analog to digital converter,comparator,clock,decoder and 7 segment display driver.
Also what out side components would I need if any?
Please help,
Thanks
zaky

You can buy a cheap multi-meter for that price or less. Seems way too pricey for a simple voltage display.

Hi zaky sceadwins point is better for you same I do for small circuit measurements.
Can build with a MCU but its getting more complicated for you.

The price of a small size (cheapy) three & half digit is about 3 US$ in my place…

If you really need to build in your own try this it works great. It’s an ADC converter.

**broken link removed**

original link is here
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/014/index.html

Gayan Soyza said:
Hi zaky sceadwins point is better for you same I do for small circuit measurements.
Can build with a MCU but its getting more complicated for you.

The price of a small size (cheapy) three & half digit is about 3 US$ in my place…

If you really need to build in your own try this it works great. It’s an ADC converter.

**broken link removed**

original link is here
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/014/index.html

Probably Cheaper and Easier to just Buy an Already Built LCD Panal Meter.
Not sure Where you live, but in Canada, they are only about $15 to $20 for a 3 1/2 Digit one.

Check out ebay there is lot's of them real cheap complete with many diffenent choices of colors and digits to choose from.

power453 said:
Check out ebay there is lot's of them real cheap complete with many diffenent choices of colors and digits to choose from.

Here is one I bought recently, works good.

**broken link removed**

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back