Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dc ups for network equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseebhm

Hello Everyone!
I want to make my own small UPS for my home network equipment(ADSL MODEM + WIFI ROUTER). I am a student of Engineering but not of Electronics dept:. Just have basic knowledge and I know how to make a circuit etc but can't design it. I have found much help from internet in this regard and here's the image of the circuit I found the most suitable. Please check the circuit and suggest whether it will be fine.
**broken link removed**

1. Which type of battery should I should use?
2. would It prevent overcharging ?
3. How can I make it automatically switch off when the battery is discharged due to longer power cut-offs?

Source: Case Study: UPS
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited:
As I already said, I cannot modify the circuit a/c to the recommendations. Please suggest me the type of battery to use according to the circuit above. Sorry for the circuit is not easily readable since it doesn't contain proper symbols.

please suggest me the type of battery
and I hope this circuit will prevent overcharging. Tell me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance

cant see the schematic well enough... cant tell where the battery is... dont know how long you want it to run or your actual power requirements... linear regulators suck to begin with...

i guess the point becomes that you did not supply any real information ... problem with net searches is that you have to ask the right questions ... the same applies, to a lesser degree, when asking real people

dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back