Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc to dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohms

hey everyone
does any one know where i can get power supply that will have DC input/dc Output. i want this becasue i want to get power from a car battery to power up motors, computer, Ic and other accessories on my robot project
thx

ohms said:
hey everyone
does any one know where i can get power supply that will have DC input/dc Output. i want this becasue i want to get power from a car battery to power up motors, computer, Ic and other accessories on my robot project
thx

Are you building a dc/dc converter by yourself or you intend to buy one? Well, probably the following website might help you find the appropriate dc/dc converter unit.

**broken link removed**

All the Best! :)

depending on how many amps the motors draw, you could use the 78xx series voltage regulators. All you need is the regulator and 2 small capacitors to run them. They are at preset voltages too, like the 7805 will run at 5V output. They can only supply ~1 Amp each though. I'd suggest maybe using these for the computer circuitry.

What is your voltage in, voltage out, and output current?

78xx regulators can only go lower, and are not efficient since current in=current out, and the extra voltage is burned up as heat. But quite cheap, effective, and appropriate for many (most, in fact) apps.

There are dc/dc converters which use inductors, they can be quite efficient but always more complicated. Look up "buck converter", "boost converter", "buck boost converter", "cuk converter", "forward converter".

ohms said:
hey everyone
thx

list of stuff to hook up in the robot
cpu Normal psu(no monitor)
2 motors 12 v 2-3A
circuitary

list of stuff to hook up in the robot
cpu Normal psu(no monitor)
2 motors 12 v 2-3A
circuitary

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips