Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
A few years ago I realised that swich mode power supplies will run from DC. This makes it easier to make inverters to run laptops etc from 12V as they don't need the part that converts the approx 300 V DC to 50 / 60 Hz.

I remember seeing one supplier that offered cheaper inverters with DC outputs for running switch mode power supplies.

The main reason that I am looking now is to reduce noise rather than cost, but I can't find the company that offers these.

Can anybody provide me with a link?

I don't know if they make them.

Just buy a cheap modified sine wave inverter, most of the time they use a DC-DC converter followed by a simple h-bridge inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back