Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanHatch

**broken link removed**

This page looks a bit shady..does anyone know if this is a reliable product? Or if there are any similar products that will give me 3kV at the output from about 30 volts input?

Also, how could I model this in simulation? I think if I assume the efficiency is 100%, I could just use a voltage source on the output, find the current, and then set the power on each side equal, to solve for the VI characteristics on the input side.

Any suggestions/comments?

not sure. you have no idea what's inside, so the transient response could be odd. it could be flyback based, in which it could have multiple modes of operation possible.

Check out EMCO and American Power Design. Much better features and priced WAY WAY better for what you get. I too started with Pico Electronics but quickly found that EMCO and APD were much better. A 1W supply from Pico Costs $80+. A 15W supply from EMCO or APD costs about $120.

**broken link removed**
http://www.apowerdesign.com/

Basically, with these two companies, why even bother with Pico? In the relative sense, stay away from Pico like the plague just because everything is way overpriced.

Last edited:
thanks alot!

one more thing. I want to control the voltage between the original dc supply and the input to this component. I am worried about doing this, because I would probably try a switch mode kind of thing. Will I be risking any problems with switching synchrnozing? IE, if there are switches in this component, and my 'control' SMPS switches at a different freq or something, will this cause problems?

Thanks again

Last edited:
SeanHatch said:
thanks alot!

one more thing. I want to control the voltage between the original dc supply and the input to this component. I am worried about doing this, because I would probably try a switch mode kind of thing. Will I be risking any problems with switching synchrnozing? IE, if there are switches in this component, and my 'control' SMPS switches at a different freq or something, will this cause problems?

Thanks again

It can if your decoupling between the supplies two are not good enough. ANd if you can synchronize them, you should but sometimes that is not always possible. Separate the two by inductors and capacitors on both sides of the inductors (maybe even on both input lines rather than just one for the inductors).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back