Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dc stepup

Jake8

Hi forum,

A Friend of mine gave me a 3000watt 230VAC (Growatt SPF3000) island inverter with a lion 4kwh battery. I mounted this set into my rv.
This inverter has 2 mppt inputs. To one of these inputs i connected 4pc 420wp solar panels
and on the other input i try to connect the rv's alternator who can supply 14VDC/120A so that the battery charges whils driving even if there is no sunlight.

The mppt requires a 75voc to start (datasheet says 65v but i think that is 65vcc) Now i am trying to boost up the 14vdc alternator voltage to 75vdc in order to feed the mppt with 5amps/375watt, this will draw 30amps at the dc step up IN. Offcourse i dont want to blow up the dc step up's capacitors due to time constant mppt v/s capacitors and also the mosfets becouse of the high current draw.

But maybe i see it wrong and there is a better solution. I was thinking about 2 dc step ups wired parallel to curb the currents.

Which exact inverter version is it - there are other letters after the main type number, denoting different options?

And, what voltage is the lithium battery pack - or preferably it's make and model?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back