Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownk

Hey there

I need to build a power supply for a 75volt 35watt DC motor. My mains supply is 220volt.

I want to be able to vary the output voltage to control the speed of the motor.

I also want to be able to change the motor direction

If anyone has any ideas please reply

Cheers everybody.

Try this circuit:

Attachments

• MOTOR_CONTROL_772.jpg
    MOTOR_CONTROL_772.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 570
Perfect

I'll get onto sourcing those parts. btw is that a 240ohm resistor after the LM317? (just making sure :D ).

Thanks again.

K

power supply

I may want to adjust the voltage from 0 to 75 volts.

What would be a good way of doing this?

I was thinking of just installing a second LM317 after the first and using a second pot.

PWM those switches to vary the output voltage to the machine terminals

brownk said:
Hey there

I need to build a power supply for a 75volt 35watt DC motor. My mains supply is 220volt.

I want to be able to vary the output voltage to control the speed of the motor.

I also want to be able to change the motor direction

If anyone has any ideas please reply

Cheers everybody.

If you build the schematic provided - Please check your power dissipation on the LM317 part under all operating conditions. You will be burning alot of power on that device. I would also add some heavy filtering on your output voltage.

pwm?? sorry i dont understand.

Anyway i am not going to build the reversible part of the circuit after all.

Optikon, if you mean that the circuit is not going to be very efficient im not that worried as it is only for occasional use.

If you mean that it will blow the LM317 i thought that its voltage range was 'floating'.

Thanks for your help though and if you guys have any more suggestions they are welcomed

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back