Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Power supply circuit needed .... please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Help guys...
I want 12v and 6v dc power supply circuit for my project..
and i want this both supply on one circuit so that it can deliver both dc supply..

kindly help..
thanks

You need regulators on the 12v and 6v outputs. Use a center tapped transformer that has secondary of about 15 vac rms. Use a full wave bridge rectifier. Take the feed to 12v regulator from filter cap (>25 wvdc rated) on output of full wave bridge. Take the feed to 6v regulator from filter cap (>15 wvdc rated) on center tap of transformer.

Amperage rating of transformer, size of filter caps, and regulator size and heat sinking will depend on power supply max current requirements.

Last edited:
friend can you give any idea without transformers how to gain this two voltages.. and please explain with circuit diagram... because i am new in electronic.. friend please help...

You will need a transformer to get from 110 or 220 Volts AC down to something safe.

Attachments

• supply1.jpg
    supply1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Friend i want to run my cmos ic's which are cd4093 and cd4060.. So i hope it will consume less power.. So please give any idea for transformerless power supply.

Last edited:
No!
There are several other threads on transformerless power supplies. It is a really bad ideas.

Which small transformer.. Please provide circuit diagram..

Post #6 RonSimpson gave you a schematic drawing? Transformer, full wave bridge and capacitors for filtering. Just add a 7812 and 7806 regulator.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back