Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC power delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloratov

Hi there. I am working on a project that requires a delay for the power. Specifically, instant on - delay off, after switch is released. Three things stand in my way:

1. I have NO electronics knowledge.....at all, well, I can connect a switch to a battery to a motor.

2. After the required 10-20 sec. on delay, it must turn off, but be ready to be switched on again at any time, ie. momentary switch.

3. Must be relatively low in cost, and easily reproduced, 100-1000s of times for a possible commercial product.

I am prototyping an item that is fairly simple in design. Push a button, relay trips, motor runs for 10-20sec, then shuts off. Push it again, it all repeats. Power is supplied by a battery, most likely 7.2 NimH motor is 6-12v.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Try this .....you may need to change yr timing cap if you want more or less delay-the delay time is dependant on the setting of yr 1m variable resistor....

Attachments

• 555 DELAY.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 212
I don't think he wants a trigger, just a simple, power on, stay on for 20s, then turn off.

Here's an idea.
R =150k
C = 100µF
on-timer-doide-gif.21109

Last edited:
Hero, thats exactly what I am looking for. But, is there a resource for what it is exactly I am looking at in your diagram? I did some searching, but am coming up short on symbol explanations. I am good at the whole assembling part, just need to know what I am looking at first. Thank you very much for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back