Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC One - Power Supply Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAM-lab

Hello! I'm new to this forum and hope this is the correct place to post about my project. I just joined the Kickstarter campaign that I think would be interesting for you. DC One Power Supply Unit is an interlocking, programmable, single-channel DC power supply for electronic projects. It’s a cheap and ideal solution when you build a prototype and need to get the specific voltage for your devices.

Link removed by moderation.

8d3b40bf8efa4fe4a60ea197ebf7c3b9_large.png

The modular, flexible design of the DC One allows it to be used as a single-output DC adapter, or stacked to meet multiple DC output requirements. Its modularity also eliminates the unused cables that accompany most conventional power supply designs.
663a4c8c5ff96f20daa4e7a2ff95b652_large.png

Specifications
  • Input voltage, 2.7...15V
  • Output voltage, 2.5...14V
  • Max continuous current, 2.5A at 5V
  • USB connection, miniUSB
  • UART interface for Bluetooth, logic levels - 3.3V, power supply - 5V
  • Adjustable output current limit (this mode allows DC One to act as a current source to drive LEDs, etc.)
  • Measuring: input voltage, output voltage, output current
  • Control via USB and serial (with Bluetooth or USB-UART modules)
  • Indicating and signals: status LED (work/error), buzzer (overload/owerheat)
  • Reverse polarity and surge protection on input
  • Output short circuit and overvoltage protection
  • Thermal shutdown
  • ESD protection on all inputs and outputs

1243e95177123da90d9302a09df5b51f_large.png

The DC One unit allows easy, intuitive control by PC, Mac, Linux or Android using USB or Bluetooth.
5ff9e620d890bee753d57efb43bf836e_large.png

Pricing information removed by moderation.
Interesting PSU but don't spam the forum.

Any comments and questions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is but I have edited it and sent a warning.
JimB

Sorry, it's my bad, I don't want to spam anyone. I think it could be interesting for hobbyist electronic projects and professionals. I'd like to collect a feedback to understand do you need such kind of PSU and what features you would like to see. Thanks.

KAM-lab

Sorry to be harsh on your first post, but it read like a commercial advert which is not allowed in the forum.
Most advertising "spam" is deleted as soon as it is found and the poster banned.
In this case I thought that the PSU had merit so I just removed the link and the prices and let it run.

Other than that, welcome to the forum, I am sure members will be happy to comment on your PSU ideas.

JimB

Just thinking aloud.

What do all of the exposed pins along the side do ? Will the PSU go bang when I occidentally drop my pliers onto them, or the metal case of the target device touches them ?

Are the outputs isolated and able to be used as a +- supply, with GND referenced to USB GND ?

Leftfield95.

2.5A @5V? I always thought you couldn't get more than 1A out of USB 2.0. I do know that USB 3.0 specs have changed. Realistically though, if I were going to be using even 1A of current for projects, USB wouldn't be my choice of power for fear of ruining something (ie the motherboard). A Power cube would be the way to go (or even a old ATX power supply), as they are cheap. A MC34063 circuit Could give something like the mentioned voltage range and cost almost nothing.

2.5A @5V? I always thought you couldn't get more than 1A out of USB 2.0. I do know that USB 3.0 specs have changed. Realistically though, if I were going to be using even 1A of current for projects, USB wouldn't be my choice of power for fear of ruining something (ie the motherboard). A Power cube would be the way to go (or even a old ATX power supply), as they are cheap. A MC34063 circuit Could give something like the mentioned voltage range and cost almost nothing.

The two screw terminals next to the USB are labelled as input. I expect that the USB connector is just for control.

Just thinking aloud.
What do all of the exposed pins along the side do ?
The pins are used for communication between the units. You can interlock up to 8 units, and control it through the single application .

Will the PSU go bang when I occidentally drop my pliers onto them, or the metal case of the target device touches them ?
Each module is equipped with plastic box and you can close exposed pins.

Are the outputs isolated and able to be used as a +- supply, with GND referenced to USB GND ?
Unfortunately outputs are not isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back