Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah_Hui

i'm currently working on a small project that requires to use a small dc motor.
i intend to use ba6286n to drive the moto.
i know small simple dc motor can be freely turn or rotate by our own hand whenever there's a small force apply to it(wthout voltage supply).
i just want to know whether there's a way to make the motor unable to rotate with our own hand when there's no voltage supply.

sorry, my english is bad.
thanks

Hi.
You have to make a spring loaded brake system that releases electromagnetic when power is applied to the motor.

Ante :roll:

spring loaded brake system?
i hope u can give me details of it...
perheps a picture will gimme more understanding..:)

Hi.

The construction will be based on what your motor looks like and how much room there are available around it.
For example if the motor shaft (axle) is extended from both ends of the motor it will be a bit easier.
It will also be possible to use a cogwheel for the brake if one is mounted on the motor.
If the size of the motor is very small it is a job for a watchmaker to manufacture the brake part.
The brake will be released by energizing a solenoid at the same time as the motor is powered.
And a spring will apply the brake as soon as the power is cut.

Here is a picture made in my CAD program (Windows paint) :D that I hope will shed some light on what I am thinking.

Attachments

• Motor_brake.gif
    Motor_brake.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 498
You might consider using a stepping motor.
The stepping motors are very hard to turn when you stop the stepping.

ah_Hui said:
i'm currently working on a small project that requires to use a small dc motor.
i intend to use ba6286n to drive the moto.
i know small simple dc motor can be freely turn or rotate by our own hand whenever there's a small force apply to it(wthout voltage supply).
i just want to know whether there's a way to make the motor unable to rotate with our own hand when there's no voltage supply.

If you use a worm gear, this only turns from the motor side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back