Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor Speed Control !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf_force

Hi there every one !!

first, i am a beginer in electronics in the university, and i had designed a circuit , that may work - because it is a switching circuit, when there is a 5 volts input over transistor base - the transistor switches on and the motor works, when ot changes to 0 volts the transistor cuts off so the motor stops working with a deaccelerating motion till the other 5 volts input comes in to accelerat it again - this means when you put a high frequency the moto speeds up, when thes is a low frequency the motos e accelerates, you can use a 555 timer to give you the wanted frequency

" i dont thing that i am right "

but hope avery one comments me about it - and thank you
here is the scemetic

The 555 timer was designed to output a frequency, not do Pulse Width Modulation. I suppose you could do it by altering the voltage applied to pin 5 which does change the pulse width of the signal.

EDIT: Congrats on your 1st post!

Actually you can do PWM with a 555 timer. Its pretty well documented if you search for it on google. Here is just one link:

http://www.cpemma.co.uk/pwm.html

Check out Nomad's 555 circuit about 3/4 of the way down. The first circuit uses OP Amps to generate PWM.

-Bill

There is a Very Simple, Good circuit on my site to do what you want.
It uses a 555 and one or more Mos-Fets.
**broken link removed**

Look at the PWM control

Take care.......Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back