Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayyi

Good day! I have a probem with regards on controlling dc motors using potentiometers and general purpose transistor(PN2222). What I want to come up with is a motor controlled by a LDR that when detects light reverses its rotation.....:(

I guess everyone here will have problems trying to help you. Please post the voltage and current demands for your motor.

That makes it much easier to work out a solution for you.

uhm the dc motor i will be using runs in 6v input, but i dont know its ampere rating, how sad T-T waaaa

You need to do some research (beginning with the motor current). From your previous posts it appears that this isn't easy for you, but it is essential.

Nayyi said:
uhm the dc motor i will be using runs in 6v input, but i dont know its ampere rating, how sad T-T waaaa
You can easilly measure it with a multimeter.

The chances are your transistor is too small to power the motor, you're much better off using a power transistor like the TIP32 or a power MOSFET like the IRF540.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back