Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor position with potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmewhatever

Hi!

I am quite new to this, so I am just going to ask away.
I need to use a potentiometer to read the angular displacement of the output shaft of a DC motor. I need the motor to rotate and read its position in a [0;pi] radians area (0-180 degrees). How could I do this? Please help!

What components are you going to use..... First you need something to read the pot... Then condition this reading for out put..

You could drive a a meter ( readily available digital panel meters ) Then change the output from the pot to suit the meter input.. Most of these panel meters has a selection at the rear so you can alter them to suit your application.

Or you could program a micro to read and display ( harder if you haven't do so before )..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back