Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor position control (not speed/direction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC motor control

now you want is to control speed what , why dont you use L293 chip . go google it up , it is cheap and used PWM to control it , but the chip has to fit your motor's current specification . There are 2 versions chip , one is for the higher current and another one is for the lower. Using L293B to control my motor which runs in high current . Direction I think if you need that feature then you need to send pulse so that it can move at a certain angle . but the angle will not be accurate unlike servo motor

hope this helps
pirate civictypeR

Hey guys....it's my first reply in this sit.....as a comment on this topic I have a question,
I have a project...can I use H-bridge (l298N) with pic 18f4550, for controlling the position of a dc motor....the position and using pwm ...all I have seen is a speed control
can the h bridge+pwm be used for posistion control

many thanks

Ack, you already asked this question in another thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back