Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmta

Hi everyone !!!!!!!

I am working on a DC motor control project in which I need certain motor parameters such as torque constant, inertia, resistance, inductance etc (all constants needed to model and write DC motor equations).

Can you please help me !!!!!!!!!

Regards

I would suggest you contact the motor manufacturer.

Hi crutschow, thanks for the reply !!!!!!!

I'm afraid the motor does not have a part number or a manufacturer name.

Hi crutschow, thanks for the reply !!!!!!!

I'm afraid the motor does not have a part number or a manufacturer name.

Then there is no other option than trying to measure the parameters yourself. Resistance and inductance is fairly easy to measure (stall the motor and measure with multimeter/oscilloscope). K parameter is the second easiest to measure (or estimate), because it is directly proportional to the motor speed at unit voltage (steady state gain of the transfer function).

I would suggest (if you really need the parameters) that you try to measure the step response of the motor and figure out the transfer function. It should be a second order transfer function (attached).

**broken link removed**

Tutorial:
https://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/mastascu/econtrolhtml/Ident/Ident1.html

Attachments

• MotorSpeed_SystemModeling_eq82125.png
    MotorSpeed_SystemModeling_eq82125.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips