Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor drive of 180V DC/2A ie half HP motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
i am new to this forum. I need to built a DC motor driver of 180v DC/2A rating. Only problem i am facing is to built the regulated 180v DC.
i took 230v AC and used rectifiers to convert it into DC. i used Capacitor after bridge rectifier so, i am getting nearly 305 volts DC.

SO anyone can get me an idea to design 180v Regulated voltage.

Suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Use a transformer with a 130V secondary (if you can't fine one then connect the secondary of a 30V and 100V transformer in series, just make sure both the secondaries can take the current) and put a pridge rectifier and capacitor on the secondary side.

hi,
For a motor drive, you need not do voltage regulation.You can rectify AC using full bridge and then control the voltage applied to the DC motor using PWM method.

chand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back