Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor Control, Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchell.s

I'm new to this forum but was looking for help.

I am planning on building a timer. What I am trying to accomplish is to turn a DC motor on for 5 sec. or so and then turn off for 48 hours.

Is there a simple circuit I could build to do this? I have seen 555 circuits but they don't seem to be able to have a duration that long.

Thanks for any and all help.

Use a CD4536 oscillator/frequency-divider/monostable.
Use a reasonable oscillator frequency then set it to divide it up to 2 to the 24th power (you work it out) for a 48 hours output.
Set its monostable to 5 seconds and for it to be triggered by the 48 hours output.

Can you give me a little more details than that. Most likely I'll be buying a bread board and soldering jumpers between chips but I don't know how to do it. Possible Schematic?

Start by looking at the datasheet for the CD4536. It tells you all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back