Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc jack pinout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrYu

**broken link removed**

how's the pin configuration of the dc jack?
My input is 6-12v and i want to supply the breadboard with it. what pin i'm gonna use the positive and negative pins of jack. tnx

Most of what I've seen is the inside is positive and the ouside is negative.

which one are going to use male or female?

Hi,

This thing looks like it also has a switch inside it that disconnects two of the pins when a plug is inserted in the front.
That means you probably need a male plug to plug into this thing to test it with an ohm meter. Test it with the plug in and the plug out to find out how the switch works.

If you have a part number we can look up on the web that would help much more.

**broken link removed**

how's the pin configuration of the dc jack?
My input is 6-12v and i want to supply the breadboard with it. what pin i'm gonna use the positive and negative pins of jack. tnx
I have one that looks exactly like that.
From your photo:
back pin: center contact
bottom pin: sleeve contact
side pin: switched sleeve contact (opens when plug is inserted)

Ken

Sorry, the picture does not appear in my computer (Admin privilege heh), so my answer according to that came with a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back