Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC Step up voltage converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaomiaooh

if i wan to step up the input voltage 5v to above 7v(output voltage), but the output current wanna still same or higher with the input current,but i dun wan use the transformer or inductor to step up voltage.Better use the cheap price component,it is possible??
& what website can help me??

So, you want a DC to DC converter.

Input 5volts at say 2 amps, and the output 7volts at 3 to 4 amps?
And you want is cheaply?

When you invent such a device, you will be very very rich!
This is ridiculous and contrary to the law of conservation of energy.

Not possible.

JimB

JimB said:
So, you want a DC to DC converter.

Input 5volts at say 2 amps, and the output 7volts at 3 to 4 amps?
And you want is cheaply?

When you invent such a device, you will be very very rich!
This is ridiculous and contrary to the law of conservation of energy.

Not possible.

JimB
input current is about 0.36A , not 2A.
bcos i use a solar panel which output is 5V & 0.18A, then i connect the 2 solar panel as parallel ,so it will provide 0.36A & 5v,then i hope to make a circuit to step up the voltage to above 6v,and the minimun output current is 0.3A. it it possible??
how can i do it??thx you

5V x 0.36A = 1.8W

6V x 0.3A = 1.8W

So how do you expect to get 100% efficiency?.

But, as often happens, you're giving very little information - have you measured the output of the solar panels?, if not you're probably going to be VERY disappointed!. Secondly you don't mention what you're trying to do with the power from them, your figures are really pretty meaningless on their own?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
5V x 0.36A = 1.8W

6V x 0.3A = 1.8W

So how do you expect to get 100% efficiency?.

But, as often happens, you're giving very little information - have you measured the output of the solar panels?, if not you're probably going to be VERY disappointed!. Secondly you don't mention what you're trying to do with the power from them, your figures are really pretty meaningless on their own?.

i wan use the circuit to charge cell phone,the minimun output is 6v and 0.3A,either current or voltage lower than the requirement,the cell phone can not be charged.
example, output current=0.2A voltage=10v, the phone will show not charging

give up amps for volts

say your input is 5v 2000ma (2amp). It has to be posable to 6v :ltoet: 1800ma. The least I can have is 800ma. If some can help me with this i would aprecate it.

So you've after 92.6% efficiency now, the is is more plausible.

No doubt you can buy switching regulators that can do this, buy you need to pay close attention to the board layout. I'd recommend you buy an evaluation kit or you might even be lucky enough to get a free sample.

Having said all of this you've not said what you want to do. It's highle possible your 6V appliance will work from 5V with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back