Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC convertor LT1936

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey,

I made simulation with LTspice for LT1936 to check what is input current wen I set output current in range 0.1mA to 100mA.
Then I build the same circuit and started to test it.
The results I got doesn't fit simulation one. when I plot the results I can see that test results are better then in simulation approximate 10mA then simulation results getting better.
In plot I got 2 lines with different slops
simulation: y=0.44x+3.319
test results: y=0.535x+2.283

when y=Iin and x=Iout

does anyone know why I got different results?
What can I check to know why the results are different?

thanks ahead

You're not giving much detail to go on but first guess is your inductor is not what you think it is. Have you checked on its inductance versus bias current?

This is a 1.4 A capable switcher. in the 0.1 to 100 mA range the IC consumption dominates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back