Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/DC Converters For IGBT/MOSFET Driver ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hi
I want to make modules for some of my circuits that are simple and powered from a single source. Mainly power modules (motor drives etc.). I have designed it so that more than one input supply is required in my circuits until now. but now I plan modules that are fed from a single source and provide convenience to the user. Step up / down converters come first among them. As you know, different voltage sources are required for integrated circuits such as ttl, microprocessor, drivers etc. especially those for mosfet / igbt drivers worry me. because they can switch with about 1.5-2Amps. For this reason, I wonder about the stabilization of step up or down converters in such applications where high current flows instantly. Before that, I was using classical regulators for other simple applications (ttl, ucontroller etc.). For this reason, I do not have much experience and knowledge about dc-dc switched converters. Is there an example of buck or boost converter you use in igbt or MOSFET drives? Is it correct to feed dc-dc converters and mosfet driver ICs (such as ir2110) ?What should I pay attention to in such an application?What should I consider? Can i do that with old type of dc/dc ic like MC34063 ?
Thanks.

The IR2110 can switch amps but this usually is for 30nS. (very short time) It pulls about 0.3mA all the time and 1 to 2A when it switches.
The output of the MC34063 has a large capacitor.
The supply for the IR2110 must have capacitors at the IC 0.1uF and 10uF.
The high current in the IR2110 comes from the 0.1uF cap and is not seen by the MC34063. The buck PWM responds in mS not uS or nS.
From the PWM point of view it see 0.35mA all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back