Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

German1981

Hello,
I am trying to build a DC-DC converter that actually follows a linear path. When the input voltage is 6 Volts, the output should be 20 Volts and when I crank the input voltage to 10 Volts, I would like the output voltage to be 125 Volts.
I built a boost converter that worked for the 6v to 20 volt conversion. Then I thought I could just increase the duty ratio as I increased the voltage using a microcontroller. But even with a max duty ratio, I cannot get this to work.
My question is this: Is it even possible to accomplish what I am trying to do? I am building this for a class project. Thanks.

German1981 said:
Hello,
I am trying to build a DC-DC converter that actually follows a linear path. When the input voltage is 6 Volts, the output should be 20 Volts and when I crank the input voltage to 10 Volts, I would like the output voltage to be 125 Volts.
I built a boost converter that worked for the 6v to 20 volt conversion. Then I thought I could just increase the duty ratio as I increased the voltage using a microcontroller. But even with a max duty ratio, I cannot get this to work.
My question is this: Is it even possible to accomplish what I am trying to do? I am building this for a class project. Thanks.

I would have thought a linear path would give 33.3V, where did you get 125V from?.

What are you actually trying to do?.

No,
It would be linear, just not thru the origin. Picture a line, with endpoints (6,20) and (10,125). These two points produce a line; the line that I need my input/output voltage to represent.
So when I have 6 volt input, my out put is 20 volts. When my input is 10 volts, my output is 125 volts. The line equation is y = 26.25x -178.5. (y=output, x=input) . Thanks

what topology did you use for the boost circuit?

The only major problem I can see is with regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back