Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dc - Dc Converter options..

Status
Not open for further replies.

protowerks

Hi all,

I'm wanting to make a dc converter from 12v/24v dc input to 200v dc 200mA max output.

What would be the most effecient type of converter to use?

The application it will be used in runs from solar/battery source so i have the option of either 12v/24v input but would like it to be as effcient as possible..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

(stage 2 of the project would be to have the circuit maintain a constant current output based on a preset value)

Kind Reagrds

Flyback converter would probably be the most efficient in your application, since it's only 200ma out. Boost would be my next choice, but only really needed if a flyback can't handle the current requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back