Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC boost and dual supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antknee

I'm looking to take a battery input ~ +4.5VDC and output a dual supply with +/-7.5VDC.

My thought is that I should use a boost controller, the Max1522 seems to fit the bill, and then split this into dual.

How would you do this? I've not made a circuit with either a DC-DC converter or split a supply so I'm looking for some general thoughts.

Edit: Some problems have come to mind, how do you create a dual supply in DC? Is there a simple (less than 12 external components) DC-DC chip that will output dual? I could input dual +/- 2VDC, would that help at all, because boost controllers seem to require a single polarity so I'd need 2 of them?

Regards,

Antknee.

Last edited:
1 Amp each.

I think I should input + and - 2.5V into two different DC-DC converters. What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back