Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/AC to DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found about 500 sites related to build your own power supply in one search.:confused:

But since I slept well and am feeling nice, here are three simple ones.
All specs and design info are on the data sheets too! :)

Last edited:
I found about 500 sites related to build your own power supply in one search.:confused:

But since I slept well and am feeling nice, here are three simple ones.
All specs and design info are on the data sheets too! :)

I beleave that nobody read the first mesage that I wrote

A SIMPLE ONE !!!!

not one with 2000 items

i'm sorry, but when i saied that I cheked google, I did

I found thouse hudge schemes, like u inserted, from variouse firms that promoting this chips

I do not need them

I need a simple one.

I

Trust me on this, we all read your posts. Aparantly YOU are not reading ours! YOU want to build a switching power supply that will take the rectified DC current you will get from a 220 volt source and step it down to 5 - 12 volts DC.
We push saftey big time here maybe we were only thinking of how to keep you safe and have a good interesting and reliable project to build and learn from.

If you like building circuits so much what is wrong with making one that will actualy work? The one specs sheet I posted will give you a safe and well regulated adjustable power output with less than 15 components. If 15 is to big of number for you maybe you should not be working on electronics! :confused:

You asked for schematics and I gave them to you, then you threw them back at me. Your not going to get any more help frome me now! :p

I am removed them from my earlier post so now no one gets them! Hope your happy! :)

You don't need a center tap on the secondary winding (top of the page). It will make it so your output will be +2V, rather than +/-V.

BUt you need one for the primary winding (bottom of the page) because of the way the switching transistors are supposed to work.

You might be able to get away with using two transformers in series instead of using one transformer with center taps.

Last edited:
Your circuit needs major changes to accept 220VAC input, however. Has this requirement changed?

Roman Blacks two transistor SMS
Official Home Page of Roman Black

Hehe, I was just about to post a link to my simple switching regulator and saw you beat me too it! :D

And a disclaimer! My design is not particularly suited to converting 220vac to 5v. It can be done but is dangerous even for an experienced designer AND even then ALL parts of the circuit will be "live" at lethal potential.

Hehe, I was just about to post a link to my simple switching regulator and saw you beat me too it! :D

And a disclaimer! My design is not particularly suited to converting 220vac to 5v. It can be done but is dangerous even for an experienced designer AND even then ALL parts of the circuit will be "live" at lethal potential.

thank u, but your system has a "small" drownback, input is derectly connected as output

can I use a ferrite tranformer instead of inductor ? I seens partial schem that use this technique.

For experimentation by a junior, that too for fun, a simple disclaimer will not work.

if a person who designed it , or another person who had this from designer inadvertently touches it, it would be lethal and the responsibility will still lies with the person who suggested to the experimenter.
there are umpteen circuits that convert 230AC to 5V Dc (non isolated and provide 200mA current. But it is not worth the risk and carry forward risk.
Thus I feel Bill has correctly suggested to use a ready made one. Now a days cell charger units are available VERY cheap. they serve the purpose well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back