Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dayton 1/2 hp wireing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justbent

I need to wire this motor and I don't understand the diagram.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 534
The motor is designed to run off of 115 VAC (Low) or 230 VAC (High) voltage. The name plate tells you that at 115 volts the current draw is about 9.0 amps and at 230 volts the current draw is about 4.5 amps. The motor is a single phase motor. So if you want to run the motor at 115 VAC (Low Voltage) P1 and (T2, T5 and T4 (Tied and bundled) ) are the single phase power with P2, T8 and T3 Tied and bundled as well as taped off and not connected to power. If you want to run on 230 VAC see the connection data for Hi Volts. So what voltage do you want to run on?

Also note the data for CW and CCW operation.

Ron

Last edited:
Green is Ground, Inside the box on the motor with all the numbered wires there should be a chassis ground connection (motor case).
Black is Hot or Line and connects to the junction of T2, T5 and T4 which for 115 Volt operation are tied together.
White is Line Neutral shown as P1 UNGRD Line on the connections plate.

For 120 Volt operation you will be tying P2, T8 and T3 together and taping them.

Make sure your connection wires (motor line cord) is rated for the current the motor will draw. Personally while AWG 14 would work I would use AWG 12 wire fused (or circuit breaker) at 20 Amps. If AWG 14 were used it would be fused (circuit breaker) at 15 Amps MAXIMUM. The motor start current will exceed what you see on the name plate data.

Ron

Our pleasure. Hope things work out cool.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back