Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

daylight filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian120

where can i find a daylight filter for a phototdiode used in a IR circuit? i tried using a piece of negative from a 35mm film but that didn't seem to work.

I suggested the negative, but maybe I misunderstood. Are you using this circuit outdoors or under lights? In that case, the light sources also emit LOTS of IR light, so the filter would not help you. I thought at first you meant common room light.

the circuit is being used indoors, so it would just be room light and a liitle outdoor light through a nearby window. the circuit is being used as a remote extender for satalite box using ir. I might of misunderstood what you meant by colour negative. i used a piece of negative from developed photos, was that the type of negative you suggested?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)

adrian120 said:
the circuit is being used indoors, so it would just be room light and a liitle outdoor light through a nearby window. the circuit is being used as a remote extender for satalite box using ir. I might of misunderstood what you meant by colour negative. i used a piece of negative from developed photos, was that the type of negative you suggested?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)

Check edmundoptics.com
All kinds of filtering materials & related products.

^^^^ above I did mean purchase, not something else BTW. Editing period expired before I noticed how this looked. LOL

zevon8 said:
^^^^ above I did mean purchase, not something else BTW. Editing period expired before I noticed how this looked. LOL
what? There isn't an editing period... Not for me anyway... :?

why not filter your circuit using an op amp / couple of filter circuits. If you only want to filter daylight then filter your circuit from DC. If you tune your circuit only to respond to 100Hz AC, this is the frequency of our room lights (sunlight is DC and room light is AC) . Ive seen this done before and it works very well. I will try and dig out the circuit diagram.

Just a suggestion

andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back