Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Daughter's Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutech

Hey there. My daughter's baby swing stopped swinging today. The swinging circuit burned out. I'm pretty sure I know which components need to be replaced, just would like a second opinion. Thank You.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-19-38-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-19-38-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-29-24-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-29-24-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-22-41-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-22-41-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
Yes that Part for Sure.
Was it Laying on the PCB or Standing Upright as shown?
And did it Damage the PCB?

Would be a Good Idea to put a Heatsink on the New Part.

The PCB suffered as well. Why?

There is a chance that the overheated transistor may be OK and that the real problem is that one of the solder joints on the circuit board has gone open circuit.
If that is the case, cleaning the old solder off the joints and re-soldering is all that is needed to make it work again.

Whether the solder is bad or the transistor is bad, once it is fixed the transistor needs a heatsink.

JimB

Yes that Part for Sure.
Was it Laying on the PCB or Standing Upright as shown?
And did it Damage the PCB?

Would be a Good Idea to put a Heatsink on the New Part.
It was laying flat as you could see in the pics it burned the board but I think I'll replace it and the cap.

Thanks a lot guys. I was digging around in some of my old boards but I couldn't find anything. I'm a copy machine, and printer technician, so I have an absolutely amazing selection of parts off boards, clutches, solenoids, servo moters, ccd's lasers, all kinds of stuff. Maybe we can help eachother out once in a while

Also check the swing switch. this is used to commutate and momentarily drive the motor.
If there is contact bounce, the normally cool transistor may oscillate and overheat and cause arc burns on contacts.
Stalled motor may also overstress the transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back