Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet Request Duplications

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

I am amazed at how many readers will simply post a request for a datasheet without first:
-- searching the web for it; and
-- searching the Datasheet forum to see if it has already been posted there.

Some notable examples -- the recent spate of requests for SL100 & SK100 datasheets, and the recurring request for 555 datasheets. Granted, the SL100/SK100 may tough to find, but the 555 certainly is not! :)

That's probably not a bad idea -- maybe a single pinned thread with links to commonly-sought datasheets. Another possibility, space and bandwidth permitting, might be to set up a hosted datasheet area, which can then be added to as the need arises. I have many common datasheets that I'd be happy to submit for inclusion, if so desired. :)

Datasheet format ?

I can show datasheets as scans from paper (big jpegs or whatever) but as this loses quality and takes time and as they are mostly produced as .pdf files we could do with some way of posting in that format.
We can post them as .zip files but that loses out on searchability.

To post full .pdf files I guess either requiring changes to the posting methodology of the site or some 'linked website' specifically for these files - even if posting has to be via some moderator to filter / check for duplicates and standardise indexing ? Even if this would change the current forum into requests only and requested datasheets appear within the Electrotech Content (members only) area.

Personally I would LOVE to add to a central repository of datasheets - we would all benefit from pooling them somewhere, links to other sites are fine as long as the link works!; but do we have a method that is up to it yet?

A big thanks to Chris for donating personal time and effort in uploading his collection of datasheets, he uploaded a total of 342 datasheets!!!

Thank You!

Now that we have a list of datasheets these will come up in the search and hopefully lower the amount of duplicate postings. I will also try to figure out how to make the list more user friendly. Let me know any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back