Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet Question for SSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghall426

I've been looking at several datasheets for triac SSRs, for example the AQH-2213 here: **broken link removed**

I'm confused why the 10mA trigger LED current is listed as a "maximum" value and not a "minimum". If 10mA is actually a maximum value, why does the recommended operating condition show a forward current of 20mA which is obviously exceeded this maximum value.

I guess I would expect the 10mA to be a minimum, the 20mA to be recommended or typical, and the 50mA as an absolute maximum.

Am I looking at this incorrectly? All SSR datasheets seem to list it as a maximum value. Confused as to why.

it means you need at most 10mA to be sure the relay will trigger everytime across the whole operating temperature range and other parameters.

it means you need at most 10mA to be sure the relay will trigger everytime across the whole operating temperature range and other parameters.

At most or at least? If you need "at most 10mA" then you're saying the actual value has to be below 10mA but it recommends to use 20mA. You mean you need to have at least 10mA which would make this a minimum value and not a maximum value.

This is why I'm confused.

Some of their triacs have the minimum trigger value of 5mA, others 8mA, but they guarantee that none of them has the trigger value more than 10mA. 10mA is the maximum that you can encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back