Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet for A7812C

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilimike

Anyone recognize this logo?
I am looking for the data sheet, I got this at a surplus store.
I am feeding it 23VDC and it heats up to the point where it starts smoking without any load.
A7812C.jpg

Thanks

Mike

Allow me to introduce you to FindChips.com Online Electronic Component Distributor Inventory Search

I clicked on Mouser's part number and that linked to the datasheet below.

This is the datasheet https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/09/ua7812.pdf

Now that you have a datasheet check the pinout !
I suggest you use a dummy load on the thing it may not like running with out a load.

It is a 12V regulator. You are asking it to dump just as much heat as the circuit it powers is using. Maybe 14 or 16V would be a better choice for input.

Last edited:
I had found this datasheet from Texas Instruments, I normally use alldatasheet.com but I didn't think it was TI's logo and if I look at input voltages based on this datasheet I can supply 14.5 to 30V so if this is the matching datasheet why is my regulator getting hot with 23VDC on no load ?

Mike

I only had time to measure the output to kame sure I didn't have the wrong pinout which was 12.4V, within 30 seconds smoke started to come out of it and the metal tab started disintegrating.

I ended up purchasing some L7812CV which are working fine with no load and barely gets hot on no heat sink with a 200mA load.

I've been trying to find out from which company that logo on the chip (post #1) is from to get the proper datasheet, I have seen it before but I just can't find it.

Mike

Have you been through all the links that findChip came upwith to see if there are any additional parts with that number. Places like area51 buy up surplus parts and will at least ID the parts.

Could just be defective.

Last edited:
Findchip is only pointing to Texas Instruments for this code, it is no where to be found on Google
And if no one on this forum came up with a clue by looking at the logo my chances of finding this company are not very high.

I tried 3 with same results. Probably some cheap stuff from far far away, on a better day I will try with lower voltage and also with a load.

Mike

I don't see a TI logo - shape of Texas. You could try Jameco Electronics website. I had a catalogue from them in 1995 with logos on the inside cover, with manufacturer contact info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back