Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Im going nuts here... (sort of)

I jut got my first 16bit PIC the PIC24HJ16GP304 which seems to be a nice PIC... But the datasheet tells me for ICSP i have these pairs:

PGD1/EMUD1
PGC1/EMUC1

PGD2/EMUD2
PGC2/EMUC2

PGD3/EMUD3
PGC3/EMUC3

I understand i can use either pair. But on the PINOUT these pins are non existant.. They do have other similar pins like:

PGED1, PGEC1...

I assume that did a TYPO on the PINOUT since they refer to these pins as PGD*,PGC* throught ICSP info.

So you think its a typo and i should use the PGED*,PGEC* (on pinout) ?

I think this should help. It is in the same datasheet. It seems they still have some errors with the old names.

Revision D (June 2009)
This revision includes minor typographical and
formatting changes throughout the data sheet text.
Global changes include:
• Changed all instances of OSCI to OSC1 and
OSCO to OSC2
• Changed all instances of PGCx/EMUCx and
PGDx/EMUDx (where x = 1, 2, or 3) to PGECx
and PGEDx

Hi,

Well are you going nuts - I better not comment :D;)

As for the programming pinouts -yes you are right in your icsp connections - don't forget to select which pair you are using in the Config statement.

Sure you will have seen it, but this is a very good Pic24 tutorial with hardware and software, have done all the experiments but yet to prove the Ethernet one, bit beyond me on the pc side.
**broken link removed**

Thanks guys!!! not really going nuts tho... (heh)....

pic24-jpg.43217

Attachments

• PIC24.jpg
    PIC24.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back