Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet B30C80 from ITT

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I need the datasheet to measure on this component, I guess it´s a converter from altern or pulse signal to Vdc... It´s from a VDO rpm indicator.

Thanks and best regards.

2PAC Mafia said:
Hello,

I need the datasheet to measure on this component, I guess it´s a converter from altern or pulse signal to Vdc... It´s from a VDO rpm indicator.

Thanks and best regards.

I can't say I've ever heard of it, but that number sounds like a bridge rectifer? - how many pins does it have?.

Hello Nigel,

it could be perfectly a bridge rectifer but as it is mounted on this rpm indicator I think it´s not working as always in power supplies because in this case I guess it receives a variable pulse or sinoidal signal from the sensor and changes it to Vdc.

The component is the black vertical one and has 4 pin, 2 are marked with A.C. signal and 2 with + and -. The problem is that this one shows 500 rpm less than the other on the boat and I wanted to know the kind of signal the sensor sends to the G input on the indicator to simulate it on the workshop. As you see there are not too many things which can fail on the PCB...

Thanks.

Attachments

• indicador_rpm_saudade_vdo_interior__b30c80.jpg
    indicador_rpm_saudade_vdo_interior__b30c80.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 470
2PAC Mafia said:
The component is the black vertical one and has 4 pin, 2 are marked with A.C. signal and 2 with + and -.

It's a bridge rectifier then, no doubt about it!.

As for your fault? - it could possibly be the rectifier, check none of the four diodes are faulty (or replace it with 4 diodes and see if it makes any difference).

Hello Nigel,

yes, if I´m not wrong in my measurements there is a faulty diod, it´s open. Can I replace it by any other rectifier? I don´t know the input signal frequency and voltage and may be if it has other caracteristics the indicator is not showing exactly the same...

A private question now, do you know any good Jiu jitsu trainer here in my island? I will open a gym for martial arts because I´m Muay thai trainer and I´m looking for one Jiu jitsu trainer. I have some options with a french guy which is very known here and some spanish ones but I´m still not decided.

Thanks.

2PAC Mafia said:
yes, if I´m not wrong in my measurements there is a faulty diod, it´s open. Can I replace it by any other rectifier? I don´t know the input signal frequency and voltage and may be if it has other caracteristics the indicator is not showing exactly the same...

Assuming you're using a digital meter?, then it will show the voltage drop across the diodes in the bridge - this will tell you if it's silicon or germanium (I would imagine silicon?). Try replacing it by four diodes to make a bridge.

A private question now, do you know any good Jiu jitsu trainer here in my island? I will open a gym for martial arts because I´m Muay thai trainer and I´m looking for one Jiu jitsu trainer. I have some options with a french guy which is very known here and some spanish ones but I´m still not decided.

Sorry, I've no idea, the only non-UK martial arts guys we know are in Israel and Turkey.

Hello,

Assuming you're using a digital meter?, then it will show the voltage drop across the diodes in the bridge - this will tell you if it's silicon or germanium (I would imagine silicon?). Try replacing it by four diodes to make a bridge.

Yes, I used a digital multimeter and I could see around 0,4V in all the diods less in one which I guess it´s open. I already bought a similar component to replace it and to check onboard. This VDO gauges doesn´t exist anymore, only compatible ones which are bigger and the price for each one is 138€ so I prefer to repair it.

Sorry, I've no idea, the only non-UK martial arts guys we know are in Israel and Turkey.

Thanks anyway!!! You never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back