Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshelectro

Hey there
I want to get used in data sheet reading what are the basic and important foundermental when cheking up transistors data sheet.which will help me in enquiring equivalents

Maximum collector voltage and current. Minimum hFE at the current you will use. Its maximum allowed power dissipation and size and mounting method of its case. Maybe the minimum fT if it is used at high frequencies. Maybe its noise if it is used for low level audio or video.

If you google "understanding transistor datasheet" you get lots of results. Application notes and video tutorials..

If you google "understanding transistor datasheet" you get lots of results. Application notes and video tutorials..
data sheets and women are very similar...........some say its ok to do this, some say its ok to do that, some say don't do this, but its ok to do that, some say you cant do that but never tell you what you can do, some say its ok to do this, but I am going to change the value, I personally thought women were complicated until I read 100 data sheets.........and you thought women were confusing!

positive current ratings in negative values? you have been good but you get a -1 for the day?

Last edited:
data sheets and women are very similar...........some say its ok to do this, some say its ok to do that, some say don't do this, but its ok to do that, some say you cant do that but never tell you what you can do, some say its ok to do this, but I am going to change the value, I personally thought women were complicated until I read 100 data sheets.........and you thought women were confusing!

positive current ratings in negative values? you have been good but you get a -1 for the day?
Ironically I did not understand your point.

What audioguru said...

Outside of ag's list, much of the datasheet info is, in my humble opinion, esoteric and, as a result, of little use to the normal user.

What audioguru said...

Outside of ag's list, much of the datasheet info is, in my humble opinion, esoteric and, as a result, of little use to the normal user.
Possibly, if by "normal user" you mean a typical hobbyist. But the different types of info is useful for different uses of the transistor and for critical, reliable design. I have often found that a data sheet doesn't have all the info I need to do a good worst-case design. Manufacturers don't want to include data that's of no use, that's a waste of their money. They put it in because they believe the data will be useful to a significant number of the designers using the part.

The info on a datasheet is for a designer to use so that the circuit works properly with any passable transistor (minimum or maximum spec's) with that part number and be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back