Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data logger temperature multi-channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

oineko

The idea is design a multi channel temperature data logger for register at least 4 different temperature inputs at the same time with resolution of +/-0.1º C and accuracy of +/- 0.2º C. This information can be sent after to a PC for analysing. I would appreciate if someone could recommend which would be the best technology to use

The idea is design a multi channel temperature data logger for register at least 4 different temperature inputs at the same time with resolution of +/-0.1º C and accuracy of +/- 0.2º C. This information can be sent after to a PC for analysing. I would appreciate if someone could recommend which would be the best technology to use

hi,
Over what temperature ranges and at sampling rate.??

Unless you want to run with expensive PRT type sensors for temperature you will be hard pressed to find an uncertainty of +/- .2 degrees C. Thermocouples (Type J or K) will get you the range but not the uncertainty, unless you have the means to actually calibrate (accurately) your sensors and chart them.

Anyway, I would likely use thermocouples that have been charted across the range you want with some temperature transmitters similar to this type (I like the Ipaq H versions). Run the output of the temperature transmitters through 500 Ohm 1% resistors so the soan of your Temp range is 4-20 mA = 2 to 10 volts.

For a cheap data logger 4 channel 10 bit A/D maybe something like these units. The DI 145 or DI 149 should work and they include the data logging software for the PC.

Really depends on where you want to go with this and what you want to spend?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back