Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Analysis and Graphing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasssup1990

Hi there. I need suggestions on a program that can take in raw data and produce graphs of all sorts and also produce graph animations of time dependent data, like from a 1D, 2D or 3D physical simulation. The ability to export these animations as an AVI is important to me. If I can find a program I will post it here too.

Thanks for your time.

you mean from microcontrollers? Anyway as far as I have seen, Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition is by far the easiest to use. IMO.

More specifically I mean raw numerical data. The source of the data is really irrelevant.

So if anyone knows a program that can do what I want I would appreciate it if you could post the name here. Otherwise I'll just scavenge through one of my previous OpenGL programs and make my own little graphing program. I want to avoid that if I can because I would rather attack the objective than get sidetracked on making a graphing program.

Thanks for the help.

I think Matlab would be you're looking for.
It’s a numerical modeling and simulation tool which would do all the above. However its not free. Some friends of mine have a free Linux software (I don’t know the name) that works somewhat like Matlab. But I don’t think it has all the features like Matlab.

gnuplot also can create images from data files. The images may then be inserted into an avi or animated gif - could use gif construction set for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back