Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Acquisition Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptre

hey guys,

I'm using a data acquisition card to pull open a TTL relay...the relay required 30mA but my outputs are rated for 20mA max....this is going to be in use constantly so i would rather not strain the outputs. Is it possible to tie two outputs from the card together to double the current??

I've tried, and its not working..but from how i see it, it should work...but i may be wrong :wink:

TIA

Can you just add an external transistor to operate the relay? And use the digital bit to drive the transistor(A very light load)

I think shorting the IO bits together is causing one of them to steal all the current that should have been used for the relay coil. You could try shorting them through diodes.

Generally, you should not short the two IO lines together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back