Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

darlington amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Hi all, i know a darlington amplifier gives high current gain, so my question is, does this means it will give high power gain as well cause P=VI?

if yes, will the power gain be extremely large ?(i read some books say the current gain can go up to 10000.)

thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can get a lot of power gain. Keep in mind, though, that MOSFETs and JFETs have essentially zero gate current, so they can also achieve enormous power gain.

Darlington Pairs have another undesirable characteristic, they have a Collector Emitter drop of .6 to .7V. This can add to some serious wattage with large currents, and their Base Emitter drop is 1.2-1.4V.

Sziklai Pairs do the same thing as Darlington's, but only drop .6-.7V Base Emitter. Other than that they are pretty similar to a Darlington, including the .6-.7 Collector Emitter drop at saturation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back