Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dark Sensor [Very Simple]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ino

Hi guys. I'm just new in this forum and it seemed that your 'simple' here are still complicated for me. :p

I designed a veeery simple circuit to act as a simple dark sensor. But after I drew the schematic diagram based on the circuit I made, I can't seem to explain why my design worked. :confused:

I know it's a little weird, but could you please help me explain this diagram?
The diagram is100% coherent to my actual circuit so rest assured the diagram works. :)

In the circuit:
_9V Battery
_360Ω Resistor
_10KΩ Potentiometer
_LDR
_LED

Thank you in advance. :D

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Sorry but I really don't have an idea. Upon surfing the net, I just come across dark sensors using relays and transistors. But my aim in this circuit is a dark sensor using only the concept of op amps.

Can you suggest something? I really can't picture this out, I'm totally a newb.

Hi guys. I'm just new in this forum and it seemed that your 'simple' here are still complicated for me. :p

I designed a veeery simple circuit to act as a simple dark sensor. But after I drew the schematic diagram based on the circuit I made, I can't seem to explain why my design worked. :confused:

I know it's a little weird, but could you please help me explain this diagram?
The diagram is100% coherent to my actual circuit so rest assured the diagram works. :)

In the circuit:
_9V Battery
_360Ω Resistor
_10KΩ Potentiometer
_LDR
_LED

Thank you in advance. :D

hi,
The 360K on the circuit diagram is shown as a 360Ω on your parts list, which have you used.?

What is the OPA.?

it's an LM741 Op Amp.

Hi,
OK.
741 amplifier.

The circuit you have drawn will latch up and not work.

Do you want to work it out yourself or do you need help.?

Hint: its the connection from pin6 going back to the 10K pot thats the problem.

The Blue line on the 10K pot is to show the pots wiping contact, you had connected in an unusual way.

Last edited:
Hi,
OK.
741 amplifier.

The circuit you have drawn will latch up and not work.

Do you want to work it out yourself or do you need help.?

Hint: its the connection from pin6 going back to the 10K pot thats the problem.

The Blue line on the 10K pot is to show the pots wiping contact, you had connected in an unusual way.

Well, I think I need help. :p This was just supposed to be a form of recreation, but then I found myself thinking of this problem for several days. :confused:

Well, I think I need help. :p This was just supposed to be a form of recreation, but then I found myself thinking of this problem for several days. :confused:

hi,
Look at this very basic circuit. You may have to increase the value of R1 to something higher, say 47K or 100K , depends upon the LDR.

Set the 10K pot to the centre of its rotation at the start and carefully adjust for light/dark.

Get that part working and come back and we will add the rest. OK.:)

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 152
hi,
Look at this very basic circuit. You may have to increase the value of R1 to something higher, say 47K or 100K , depends upon the LDR.

Set the 10K pot to the centre of its rotation at the start and carefully adjust for light/dark.

Get that part working and come back and we will add the rest. OK.:)

I'm already working on the circuit. What would be the effect if I don't get to replace R1 with a resistance higher than 10k? You see, 10k is my largest resistor here.

I'm already working on the circuit. What would be the effect if I don't get to replace R1 with a resistance higher than 10k? You see, 10k is my largest resistor here.

Do you know what the dark/light resistance of the LDR is.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back