Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dark and Cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterT

Most Helpful Member
It is dark and cold in Finland.. last time I felt excited about a project was three months ago. The darkness really gets you sometimes.
**broken link removed**

It's interesting to me that northern European folks that have emigrated to the US often (not always) gravitate to the northern States, i.e., MN, WI, ND, upper MI, etc..

From my perspective (SC) those States are COLD. Cold, cold, cold... did I say cold?.

My only conclusion is that they like it. That, or they enjoy suffering.

Course, the heat down here in August sends us to the mountains of NC.

Despite my best efforts, it's still an imperfect world :banghead:.

What I hate the most about winter is that it gets dark around 4:30Pm. It Really messes with the senses. The cold? Not so much. Im only exposed to it for a few moments, unless theres 1 foot of snow and I have to shovel.

It is dark and cold in Finland.. last time I felt excited about a project was three months ago. The darkness really gets you sometimes.
**broken link removed**
i feel you, luckily i do have couple projects now, only, one got minor setback. Oh, and just bought 3 steel storage cabinets for sround 50 euros. highest is 160cm, and smaller ones around 60cm.
wheels for higher are installed by me, just to make it easier to vacuum behind it. These cabinets are one of those things i don't want to pass when i see 'em at recycle centre: theyr'e expensive when new, and small bents/scratches don't bother me!
IMG_0808.jpg IMG_0809.jpg IMG_0810.jpg IMG_0811.jpg

and this 7-segment display is 4'', made it just for quests/emergency stituations (police/ambulance, you know) to make navigating easier
IMG_0812.jpg IMG_0814.jpg

Yes, daylight means a lot in our life. I recall when being in Antarctica, we used to spend lot of hours of the "night" time, chatting and joking in the officer's messroom. (There, you could see Sun setting on your left and rising on your right at the same time... :wideyed: Believe it) Later, when time to work came, we would found that we had spent the "night" just...chatting.

I do not know why actually, but, watching "Insomnia", I feel identified with the Al Pacino's character. Too MANY years sleeping SO little. ¡ Oh sí.!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back