Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dancing fountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_2545

Super Moderator
I have completed a fun project that shoots "pulses" of water around a pond inside a greenhouse. The water pulses jump from one spot to another, there are 12 solenoids connected to a micro controller. The circuit is simple,the micro controller turns on a 2N2222 transistor, the transistor drives a 5 volt relay and the relay turns on the solenoid. Times 12.

I put a motion sensor on the unit so it only operates when someone is around to see it. I programed a Basic Stamp micro controller to run 5 separate valve sequences in a random order.

Here is a link to a video I shot just after installation. If you look close you can see my assistants leg triggering the motion sensor.YouTube - Dancing water feature

Enjoy

Attachments

• Populated box.JPG
    Populated box.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 3,154
  • Jumping frog Flow chart.pdf
    333.4 KB · Views: 3,507
  • Transistor relay circuit.pdf
    306.9 KB · Views: 2,973
Interesting application mike, nice construction. A good example for a basic stamp.

Do the selonids feed city water or recirculated pond water ?

If you are using city water (or well) you could add a water level sensor and use the setup to keep the water level up.

I like it.

3v0

Last edited:
3v0,

The solenoids feed city water at about 50 psi. I was worried about recirculating the pond water, for fear it would gunk up the valves.

It does help fill the pond, which we did have to do weekly.

I did have to add a water hammer arrester, basically a tank with an air bladder, to absorb the shock of when the solenoids turn off.

Valves and jets

What size/type/model of solenoid valve did you use? Also, what did you use for the jet/nozzle?

Thanks

What size/type/model of solenoid valve did you use? Also, what did you use for the jet/nozzle?

Thanks

I picked up some solenoids from e-bay, they are 24vdc and have 1/4" threaded connections. Most solenoids will handle air or water, check the manufacutrer specs to be sure. The Nozzle is just a piece of 1/4" copper tubing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back