Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopal Adhikari

I have been learning electronics and ltspice for some time now. I am stuck here. any help appreciated.
I have to simulate a gray code input R-2R DAC as given in the link below
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=gray+code+R-2R+ladder+dac&rlz=1C1LENN_enJP649JP649&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiU54aIoOnKAhUBX5QKHaPZABIQ_AUIBygB&biw=1366&bih=677#imgrc=aSOuYx3wZVy-7M:

I am stuck in figuring out the switch used in this circuit. i want to simulate this circuit using simple switches. Can anybody suggest how to simulate this circuit. I am reallly in trouble figuring out the switches.
Help with drafts, simulation figures etc will help me.

Thanks in advance.
Gopal

Hi

I've attached a zip file containing a demo using LTspice.
I couldn't see the type of switches used in the diagrams you linked to.

Attachments

• R-2RDAC.png
    R-2RDAC.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 247
  • R-2RLadder.zip
    2 KB · Views: 215
Hi

I've attached a zip file containing a demo using LTspice.

Thanks eTech,

Thank you so much. I have already done for simple R-2R Voltage mode and Curret Mode DAC. I cannot figure out to switch for the figure. I think the switch would operate as shown in the figure attached.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 230
I have not tried this but I think it will work. Note I reversed the inputs of the middle two switches. You might to remove the "ground" and make it a voltage that is 1/2 of what a "1" is. So it will see a "0" as "-" and "1" is "+".
upload_2016-2-9_6-50-42.png

Thanks eTech,

Thank you so much. I have already done for simple R-2R Voltage mode and Curret Mode DAC. I cannot figure out to switch for the figure. I think the switch would operate as shown in the figure attached.

Here is switch model based on your diagram.

Attachments

• SWFUNC1.png
    SWFUNC1.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 234
  • SWFUNC1.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 220
Here is switch model based on your diagram.
Thank You eTech. your switch model works as needed. Further more, I need to know the internal circuitry for the switch. I am afraid but Can you please send me the internal diagram for switch. I think you designed the switch using the SW from LTSPICE. Or did you do something else. I am poor at reading netlist.
Thanks in advance.
Gopal

Last edited:
Thank You eTech. your switch model works as needed. Further more, I need to know the internal circuitry for the switch. I am afraid but Can you please send me the internal diagram for switch. I think you designed the switch using the SW from LTSPICE. Or did you do something else. I am poor at reading netlist.
Thanks in advance.
Gopal

Hi

I've uploaded the block version of the model.

And yes, I used the SW device, and a BUF device from LTspice.
Have fun.

Attachments

• SWFUNC1Blk.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back